The fall season is nearly upon us! Here is everything you need to know about concussion testing, tryouts, and the early season practice schedule:
1) Girls' Soccer Concussion Testing - Monday, August 1 from 1-2pm. Any player who is an incoming Freshman or who did not take the baseline test last fall (good for two years) is required to attend.
2) Concussion Test Makeup Date - Thursday, August 4 from 8am-12pm. Future makeup dates will most likely be scheduled. However, no player may participate in a practice without this test.
3) Optional Preseason Days - Wednesday, August 10 and Thursday, August 11 from 5-7:30pm. Although these practices cannot be mandatory, it is highly recommended that you attend, as it gives you two extra days to get acclimated to the heat and bonus playing time in front of the coaches.
4) Tryouts - Monday, August 15 through Wednesday, August 17 from 5-7:30pm. Following Wednesday's practice, coaches will have a discussion and decide on the first round of cuts. Any players that do not make the team will be notified at that time. All other players will have one more practice and a scrimmage on Friday before final cuts are made.
5) Regular Practice - Beginning on Monday, August 22, practices will be held from 2:30-4:30pm. Once school starts on Monday, August 29, practices will run from 2:45-4:30pm, which will be our regular practice time for the remainder of the year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, Coach David Shaffer. My information can be found in the "Coaches" section of the Girls' Soccer page.